Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New CD's! (and other things)

So excited because three GREAT new CDs were released, all bands/worship leaders from the Passion Conferences- Charlie Hall, Chris Tomlin and David Crowder Band. You should definitely check them out and you can order them online on the Passion website 268generation.com (still haven't been able to insert a link... sorry! If any of you knows how to do that on blogspot, please let me know)







All of that aside, things have been pretty mellow. I haven't had a whole heck of a lot to do it seems like. Work has slowed down because, with the economy, we're not hiring like we always have; so, instead, now we are doing more project oriented work, which is a nice change, but it's just different- I'm used to being able to go on autopilot and now I actually have to think... I know... scary :-) But, even outside of work things have been really slow. I feel like I'm not doing anything worthwhile. I like planning things and, well... I have nothing to plan right now and it's driving me nuts. (this may change within the next couple of days and I might have something to plan... more to follow) Funny thing is, I've got this sure sense, from God, that this is a waiting period and I just need to trust that He's working on my behalf. I haven't gotten any signs indicating that is what is going on, but do you ever have that feeling that you know that you know it's a period of waiting??? Nothing more than a feeling of certainty. I don't know... can't really explain it well.

I did go home (N CA) this past weekend and it was nice to be back home. There are so many memories in my house and in the city seeing as I spent most of my life there. My elementary school is across the street, we passed by the streets where my middle and high schools are...I see a Trader Joe's and remember how it used to be a K-Mart and I remember (I have no idea why) going to Swensen's one night for dinner with my friends and we ended up in K Mart taking turns riding in the shopping carts up and down the aisles as fast as we could. I see Shadow Cliffs, a small park with a man-made lake and remember being SO excited when we would take trips to that lake with our next door neighbor friends. We'd pack up things to eat and we'd all pile into the back of our neighbor's station wagon and off we'd go to swim in the water until we had to leave. Thinking back on the water in that lake, I don't know that I'd even want to stick my feet in it today, but when you're little, you never think about those things. Even at home, I was glancing up at the ceiling in one corner of the room and remembering that we used to hang those countdown to Christmas paper chains in that spot... you know... you take strips of green and red paper and make circles and link them together and at the start of December, you cut one ring off every night until you get to Christmas and Christmas' ring was always made out of gold colored paper. It's weird how many random memories will flood your mind and many of them are SO random and you have no idea why that particular memory is stuck in your head.

I'm not the best flyer in the world. I've gotten better recently, but I still get nervous. Of course, I always pray for safety and protection on the flight; but, the words I used in my prayer on my trip back to S CA struck me for some reason. I was praying, and part of my prayer was "Lord, please let me get home safely." All of a sudden I felt like God emphasized the word 'home' and I felt reminded that because of the Lord's grace and my faith in Christ, I will make it home safely. But, not home in the sense of four walls and a roof in S CA; but, 'home' in the sense of heaven. It really gives such a sense of hope that this is God's promise to us, as believers, and, unlike people, God always keeps His promises and has guaranteed me a safe journey home one day. (of course, I then had to clarify my prayer to God, 'God please get this plane safely to S CA'... you know... just to clarify as to what I was asking :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God must be getting ready to do something big in the world, in the churh, in our lives somewhere because everyone I know has been talking about the holding pattern that God has them in. It's scary exciting. I can't wait to see what he does, although I'm getting that nervous, anxious, excited feeling. It's gonna be a doozey. I wouldn't be sad if we chose to come back right about now.

Danielle said...

Glad you had a good time at your parents house. Sounds like they showered you with love when you were young and even do so now. You are blessed!

Like, Marti, I am looking forward to seeing what God does with your lives as he breaks the holding pattern and moves you into a new adventure for his glory!